- Migraine headaches affect 12 out of 100 people in the U.S.
- Many do not find relief from over the counter and/or prescription medications.
- The search for migraine headache relief leads to considerable costs, frustration, missed work and pain.
- Migraine pain often causes difficulties for family and loved-ones.
A Long Term Solution to Migraine Pain
Over the past 10 years medical researchers have identified trigger points in the head and neck that cause migraine headaches to start. This research has culminated with placebo controlled research trial that has definitively shown that surgery directed at the trigger point will eliminate or markedly relieve migraines in more than 84% of patients over the long-term.
Migraine Surgery Benefits:
- Fewer migraines (84%) or complete elimination of migraine headaches (57%).
- Less pain.
- Less medication use.
- Fewer days lost from work and family and most importantly less pain.
- Patients who had no or incomplete relief from medications benefitted from the studies.
Who is a candidate for Migraine Headache Relief Surgery?
- Migraine Headache diagnosed by a neurologist.
- Migraine Headaches that are not effectively relieved by medications.
- Patients willing to have outpatient surgery (often Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Surgery) to reduce the frequency and severity of their headaches.
Dr. Miranda is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, California.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
77 Van Ness Ave, Suite 302
San Francisco, CA 94102
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
Copyright (c) 2012 Pacific Plastic Surgery Group, All Rights Reserved